Friday, November 27, 2009

Late Night Movie MADE ME CRY

I rarely cry at movies. Its been known to happen where I TEARED with:

  1. P.S. I Love You

  2. World Trade Center (ok, I might have shed a few tears with this one...)

Its Thanksgiving night and I decided after family dinner to stay home for once (instead of going dancing). There isn't much on TV, so I go to the Free Movies on Demand channel. This channel mostly shows old movies, or movies I never heard of. Last time I did this I saw the movie Shattered (with Gerard Butler, I love that man). It was an okay pass time. Tonight I chose a movie called One Last Thing.


Its about a boy who has cancer and for his last wish he wants to spend the weekend with a super model. Its classified under comedy... I have never cried as much as I did through this movie (I guess watching a movie alone at night intensifies emotions???). This kid in the movie has been dealt one shitty hand... And has kept an attitude I can only hope to maintain if I was ever faced with the hardships he has.


I've always wanted to volunteer as one of those people who keeps people company in hospitals. Watching this movie has confirmed I will not be able to hold myself together. I have always had a thankful attitude, even if its just in my head, about the kind of life I live. I am healthy, I have love, shelter, and have fun. This is one of those movies that makes you realize what you have to be thankful for- and life is short. Ironically I watched this on thanksgiving night. Read my first post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen One Last Thing, can't remember feeling sad while watching it, but I could be wrong....

P.S I Love You bored me so much I stopped watching after the first hour.

I ALWAYS cry for Set It Off, when Jada pinkett is on the bus looking out through the window at her friend. And then when she phones the bank dude. always gets me :)

-Chantal