Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cabin Fever Part Deux

I guess going away for the weekend to a cabin just isn't my thing (maybe going with my peeps will make it a good experience).
This past weekend I went with Ting and his friends to the poconos. It was 5 girls- who were all good friends, 5 guys who were with the girls... Ting and myself. Obviously I was the outsider. The girls tried to include me in some stuff but they did sneak away from time to time to take pictures by themselves and chit chat about stuff. I can't say I really blame them, but it is still poor action.


It was originally discussed that Ting and I would get our own room. Our car got there last and guess what... we got stuck sleeping on a futon in the basement game room. Yeah, exactly. (bright side, sex on the pool table...)


In the price they had originally included the food. They deducted it from my price because
  1. I am a vegeterian and
  2. I had oral surgery so couldn't really eat much.
I was bringing my own food.

I think ahead, and bring enough to offer some people incase they like what I am eating. I brought a small carton of egg beaters, a box of cherrios, 4 packets of oatmeal, a box of veggie patties (6), and apple sauce.


Ting woke up to pee the first morning and tells me he caught them about to make me egg beaters, luckily he got up there on time. Once I get up I go to make my egg beaters and notice they have a carton of 48 eggs.... WHYYYYYY would you need to make my egg beaters when you have 48 eggs? I don't stress it, I still have egg beaters to eat and thats what is important, that I have something soft to eat.


I finish making my egg beaters, sit at the table and notice a girl eating my oatmeal. It's cool, I still have two packets left, enough for tomorrow morning.


I go grab my box of cheerios (I have to eat them one by one) and the box is open and half empty. I really didn't care about this, I am mentioning it so it enhances my point.


Later on that night, every one is high off of weed brownies and drunk. I am on strong meds for my oral surgery so I couldn't drink. They were all munching on tacitos (they bought 2 boxes of 60) and playing drinking games. I go to throw away a napkin and what do I see in the garbage? MY BOX OF VEGGIE PATTIES. I took it out to make sure there was nothing in there, it was empty... I see all 6 plastic wrappers they came in in the garbage as well. I look up and ask "what happened to the veggie patties?"


One of the girls answers that they are in the oven, they got hungry and were tired of eating tacitos. I was pissed and went down to my bed/game room to call Pang.


I went back upstairs and Ting noticed I was upset. He asked me what was wrong and I pleaded my case.


I am not stingy with food, I brought enough to share with a few people but it is like they have no respect for my situation. It's not like I can go down the block and find something without meat and soft to eat- I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A MOUNTAIN. They had more then enough food for them to eat, why did they have to eat ALL of my veggie patties, they couldn't leave me just one? What the fuck was I suppose to eat the next morning and afternoon? They already ate all the extra stuff I brought. All that was left was an apple sauce.


He saw my point and felt horrible. Another girl over heard us and I guess she felt bad because the next morning I found some veggie patties in the fridge wrapped up.


I give up on cabin weekend get aways with guys.

4 comments:

Urban Homeschoolers Of Columbus said...

Lol, that was very rude of them. You are nice because I would have been pissed after the whole oatmeal thing, but then again I can be a stingy byotch when I want to be.

Anonymous said...

oh my god I would have been soooooo pissed off, seething mad, like a fucking possessed devil, lol get my point. That type of behaviour really aggravates me!!! so many people are like that, so fucking rude and thoughtless, I would never hang out with them again, seriously, they obviously weren't brought up correctly. And its not about being petty or stingy over food, its the principle, you ask other people first if you can have some of their stuff and because you are vegetarian they know you have limited options, geez. But as I said before, so many people are like that, its mind boggling how they think its okay to be like that.

Shame girl, that would have ruined the whole trip for me and I would have taken it out on Ting the whole time coz its his friends hah hah.

-Chantal

Anonymous said...

Shait..i would be so pissed and i would blow it up right there and there. i have to say you handle better than i would've. and since most likely i would drive i would also leave.

F*k the boy that took me, he should've told them something right there too. i hope he addressed it later at least.

that dont happen in our group trips.

-sassydaisy

Simply "T" said...

Oh man, I read this on my iphone RSS reader and I haven't figured out how to write comments on it yet. Then the next day I was infuriated with my bf's bitch of a sister in law.

Before I got infuriated about her, I got infuriated about this post. I do NOT understand how people can be so friggen' inconsiderate? What kind of manners did their parents teach them? And it's not like you could share and share alike, since their food doesn't fit with your chosen dietary lifestyle. Like they didn't have enough shit to eat that they have to start eating the only things you have. What do they want you to live on, twigs and leaves in the forest? Ugh. It totally reminds me of some roommates I had a few years ago. None of them, I repeat NONE of them would ever grocery shop, buy trash bags, tin foil etc.

I bought my own stuff, and obviously I would put it in the fridge. My thing at the time was diet pepsi. I had to drink one every morning before work. I was a DP addict. I'd just bought a new 12 pack and in 2 days there was only 1 can left. I only drink 1 a day.... so unless my math is off, they drank all my pop.

Well, one the roomie was literally NEVER around - he'd work until really late hours and get home after I was asleep, and didn't start his day until a little later, so I was always gone before he woke up. I think I saw him maybe 5 times total for the 3 months I lived there. So I left him a little note on the table - I hate leaving notes because to me it seems passive aggressive, so I tried to make it sound as friendly as possible - something along the lines of "Hey, I noticed that some of my diet pepsi is gone. I really don't mind, but could you just let me know if you drink it - otherwise I run out and don't even realize it. Thanks :)"

He responded via note and it was all shitty like "I was GOING to replace it, but you didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt. And if you want to talk about respect, how about you clean up all the dog shit your dog leaves in the yard?"

Here's the thing - we lived with 2 other girls who had 2 dogs. I picked up my dog's poop, they didn't. How could I tell? The poop left out there was routinely filled with things like chewed up tennis balls and other random trash. My dog doesn't play with toys and doesn't eat trash. Simple deduction there.

Ugh. Now I'm doubly pissed off for the both of us! The sis in law situation has now exploded into a huge deal, all over a stupid misunderstanding and now apparently she is talking shit about me to my bf's mom and getting my bf's brother to tell him he should break up with me. Oh the drama. I just want to be Mary J. Blige and say "No more drama in my life."

So..... sorry I turned this into a novel, but I haven't sent you any ridiculously long comments in a while. I needed to make up for lost time :)