
Those who know me know I don't have a good relationship with my father.
We both have very strong personalities. He doesn't back down, and I don't back down.
The man is almost impossible to get along with.
I had 7 years I didn't speak to him because when I did- it would turn into a fight, so I cut off all communication... And we lived in the same house.
A few years ago (very recent) I decided- I didn't want him to pass and I am still angry about a lot. So I sat down and spoke to him.
I pleaded my case and said all I want is some sort of apology.
He told me I deserved everything I got.
It took everything in me that day to stand up and walk away without saying anything or crying. But I did it. You would think I would have learned my lesson then.
At one point I thought MAYBE IT IS ME. But I see the relationship my sisters have with him, and the advice my mother gives me and I realize- the guy is just an asshole. Yes, my father = a butt hole.
Yesterday I wanted to sit down with him and tell him about the ex fiance and i- let him know we aren't together so that he doesn't keep complaining that nobody talks to him and he has to find shit out through the grapevine.
My mom suggest I don't do it.
I decide to treat him the way he is requesting and I speak to him.
I sat down and told him that I wanted to talk to him. By now he knows that the ex fiance and I are not together, we were having our differences- he lied about a few things, and it was just not working out.
He asked me if it was over for real.
I said yes.
He then told me not to think I'm going to be running loose that he already noticed I started acting crazy. (I go out too much according to him).
I am giving you the PG version...
I told him I am 25, going out has never gotten in the way of school or work, I have never been in trouble- never came home pregnant... You guys asked for a BA from me and you got it.
Regardless, this conversation isn't about that- I just wanted to address the ex fiance issue with him personally.
To him I say stupid me for even trying... you are the one who gets what you deserve... And not the way he thinks I got what I deserved. When you die a lonely man it is because you have pushed all the ones who know the real you away.

4 comments:
=( WOW
I can only imagine, but juz try not to let him or his hurtful words affect u or change the person you are.
First- I LOVE your blog... started reading today y de una dominicana a otra-- ta buena la cosa!!!
2nd- i understand the relationship with your father-- i use to be bestfriends with mine-- until things changed like 5-6 years ago.. and it's those things that you wanna but it takes two you now??
and 3-- FITNESS sounds great-- i wasn't able to read your old blog so i dont know much about el difunto y tu ex fiance :(
Welcome to the blog world.
Your dad sounds exaclty like my soon to be ex husband...always with something negative coming out of the mouth.
WORD! My dad is exactly the same. Its really bad because even being in the same room as him grates onmy nerves. URGH!
And i'm trying I am.
Keep your head up.
Post a Comment