Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Don't Cry, Dry Your Eyes"- I Don't Have That Problem

I got LASIK 10 months ago. Read here.

Before I decided to go through with this procedure I did my research. I asked people who had the surgery and heard nothing but glorification of the God doctors that fixed their sight. I had one friend that swore he now had micro vision. Pffffffft.

I know everything has it's "but...". I knew there were things that MIGHT go wrong. There had to be some sort of side effect, right?

When I went in they told me I will start to loose my super vision at the age of 40 and will need glasses. Ok, 15 years of super powers- sign me up!

Oh- and you might get dry eye, especially for the first three months. 3 months of dry eye for 15 years of super powered sight- ef it, sign me up!

It's been 10 months. 10 months! And not only do I still have really bad dry eye but I still feel I need glasses. (They said it is because of the dry eye that my vision isn't up to par).

I went in today ready to demand my money back, or new eyes. I had this whole scenario planned out in my head and I was going to come out on top!

That would have been nice, right? That is not how it went down. Those people there are so nice and nurturing my plan went to shits the moment the receptionist (who for some reason remembers me) greeted me with the warmest hello.

I got prescribed another medicated eye drop that I need to put in 3 times a day for two weeks and return in 3 weeks. (This is on top of the eye drops they prescribed 3 months ago that I need to put in once in the morning and once at night BESIDES the regular moisturizing eye drops I use through out the day whenever my eyes feel dry).This is how I spend my day:

Hehe, I remember when I was going through the break up with the ex fiance. I had just gotten my lasik, I was super sad and upset about something and started to cry but no tears produced It was like that dry cry babies do lol. I freaked out and started to cry again because I thought I had lost my ability to tear.

I could have gotten fake boobs with the money instead. Damn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like how u finished this post =D
Did they say what is the next option (if any) if the new drops they prescribed dont work/help? I'm still thinking of having this surgery but now you're starting to give me second thoughts. But anyways, GOOD LUCK ...I hope the medication works this time AND that you & your eyes turn out well

Anonymous said...

damn..thats tough. i remember your blind woman glasses lol. we should go get fake boobs together, i have a plan..hahah

-sassydaisy

Simply "T" said...

I have had shoddy eyesight since I was about 12. Funny part was that before I had glasses, I really wanted them. I even went so far as to fake an eye exam haha. But once I got them, I didn't like them so I'd purposely break my glasses hoping that I wouldn't have to wear them anymore. I did that about 3 times before my mom threatened that if I did it again she was going to repair them with tape and make me wear them anyway. That scared me straight. Anyway I've always been scared of LASIK because I always think that maybe 30 years down the road all the people who had LASIK will find that their eyeballs fell out. Putting in contacts isn't a big enough chore that I will go through LASIK. Ever see the episode of 30 Rock where Liz gets discount brand LASIK and loses her ability to cry normally and instead water shoots out the side of her mouth? I really hope that doesn't happen to you!

Journey said...

thats funny. but sucks you have to look like that picture all day. I thought of getting lasik but man I dont know i rather keep my eyes than end up the small percentage that something goes wrong with. I actually thought it was forever. Only 15 years? I mean thats a long time though. But maybe one day I will try it.